FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)
Old Apr 16, 2015, 7:08 am
chrism20

Originally Posted by 21H21J
Are points not awarded per transaction and rounded down? I know they are with Amex.
Possibly but even if they are some months are short up to 700 points with approximately 40 transactions on the statement which would equate to 80 points if rounding down. Then there are some months that the hotel points are over as they were in January which would suggest rounding up rather than down.

I honestly haven't got a clue tbh and the 4x points for hotels still aren't adding correctly despite a letter from the Executive Office back in September of last year advising that this issue would be sorted soon.

Originally Posted by EDIflyer
That's what I did a couple of months ago - am abroad for a good chunk of time this year so even with the increased earning rate on forex transactions didn't think it was worth hanging onto (have got Plat anyway thanks to the sign-up bonus + spend last year). Downgraded to the free card with annual fee refund and will shortly be cancelling it too!
Yes it's tempting to do although I have had tremendous value from the free nights. NYE 2013 I used it at IC in New York and have PL booked for this year already - the Best Flex rate for PL was £489 when I checked last week so in that respect it's worth the £99 and once I've achieved the £10k spend it will go back in the sock drawer and I'll look for something else.