FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Jump Start Charge
View Single Post
Old Apr 16, 2015, 6:40 am
IAHtraveler
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Wow, that's quite a disappointing experience! Hopefully you're able to get it resolved.

Originally Posted by jtatlanta
1, Is this the way Avis treat someone who is one of there best customer. Clearly by the response and attitude of customer service they could not care less. I have spent thousands with them this year already and get treated this way.
Define "best customer"? Just because one spends a bunch of $$ with them, doesn't mean best. I'd presume Avis looks at profit, not spend, when trying to define best customers. And I think Avis treats everyone identical on issues like this; doesn't matter if you're Joe Schmo with no status, Avis First or a Chairman.

2, All calls to help desk are recorded so evidence must exist for the initial call I made where I was told no fee. Can I push to get them to release the call detail?
Just because it's recorded doesn't mean it's saved. I highly doubt they'll be able to pull the recording, even if they wanted to. Very doubtful you can get them to give you a copy of this.

3, The car is brand new (Kia) and already covered by a free customer call out. How can Avis charge me for something covered by a new car warranty. Can I find out if they got a refund from Kia?
Again, very doubtful you'll get this information without a subpoena. Also, are you sure this was covered under the car warranty? Not all "typical terms" that come with cars are offered to fleet sales. This is part of why they get extremely low pricing offered.

4, It would be interesting to see if other folks have had the same issue with this car in subsequent rentals. Can I find this out?
Further, very doubtful Avis will give you this information without a subpoena.

If it were me, I'd go through the Better Business Bureau or fight the charge on your card. However, if it started every time without issue after the jump, they might try to claim that you drained the battery and the jump solved the issue you caused. Not saying you caused it, but just preparing you for an uphill battle. Good luck!