FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Trip Report Forum Hall of Fame
View Single Post
Old Apr 16, 2015, 1:25 am
eightblack
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
matthandy, what a terrific compilation. I am flattered to be in such company. And thank you for putting this together - you also deserve special mention for some of the best TR writing on FT.

I have had the pleasure of having lunch with SFO777 and he is even more charming in person than he is in prose. Much, much nicer than me. He deserves all the credit and then some. He could teach a class on TR's.

Seat2A is quite possibly one of the finest writers here. I would gladly ride a train with him anywhere (and would even be prepared to do it sober for a good portion of it). Lonely Planet should fire all those useless stoned hippies that attempt to write stuff for them and simply outsource it all to him.

And to those very nice folks who asked of my whereabouts, I have been somewhat distracted with moving house recently and coming down with a very bad dose of teenage-itis.

Our 12-year old daughter wears more make-up than that unwashed miscreant who is the lead singer for KISS. In addition, she leaves the house looking like someone spray painted her jeans on. Her room looks like a Bangkok brothel the morning after shore leave and our 14-year old son has taken up residence in the new basement and only appears at mealtimes and when he wants money. Which is sadly a lot.

To make life more interesting, we have a permanent house guest (long story, tell you later). One of my sons mates from school has parents who obviously had a very heavy piano fall on their heads at their divorce hearing. They make my wife and I look normal. He is living with us until the end of school. As in the end of term. At least I think thats what the arrangement is.

Anyway, I forget.

Apparently the family are heading to Australia this summer and if I can muster the courage, will attempt to string a few words together. My son and I are going via NRT and my wife and The Small One are going straight to Sydney via somewhere on the West Coast (on Virgin I think).

My sincere congratulations to everyone on this list. You are a large part of what makes FT, well, FT.

Bravo matthandy, Bravo.