FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 100 Things I Learned From My Recent Trip To Havana, Cuba
Old Apr 15, 2015, 11:11 pm
carpetbagger

Programs: lh sen
Originally Posted by jammanxc
I've been all over the world and the only time I've seen beer bottles being drunk on the street is in Las Vegas and Brazil. Can you name other countries as well?

Most countries in Europe like Portugal, Spain, France, United Kingdom, Germany, Poland, Austria, Italy, Switzerland etc.

In Germany the legal age for alcohol is 14 - minors are allowed to consume and possess alcoholic beverages, such as beer and wine, as long as they are in the company by a Custodial Person.

In Thailand you may drink your beer as well in public. In Brazil and Argentina I did drink beer, wine and caipirinhas in public.

But we are here to talk about Cuba and not about drinking habits in public and as long it is legal in Cuba, especially on the Malecon at night time, it is OK for me.

Cheese pizza was about 10 CUP , but with onions it was 15 CUP. It wasn't too bad at all for what you get. It's made fresh and hot.

To be honest I never tried any food from peso stalls. All of my cuban friends are always warning me and especially the story with the cheese for the pizza is a running gag.

The ice cream at Coppelia (in the CUC area) is highly recommended. The quality was excellent.

Yes, Ydalgo's Penthouse Suite was amazing and definitely worth it. We had breakfast for 8 CUC each and it was worth it. In my post, I mentioned 'casa' breakfasts and I don't really consider Ydalgo's place a casa... it's more like a luxury casa/villa/penthouse.
It is nice to hear that you liked the place. I mentioned his place already long time ago here but nobody believed me. Better keep it as a secret.

Yes, I did enjoy Cuba very much and it's like a total different world out there! I would love to go back to Cuba, but of course visit other parts of the beautiful country. I stayed in Havana way too long (5 nites, 6 full days)!

Thanks for reading!
For only 5 nights in Havana you really saw a lot. For years I am planning to visit the Cementerio de Cristiobal Colon in Havana. I never made it because I did not want to pay the 8 CUC they were charging at the entrance to gringos.