FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mileage Runs turnarounds / turnabouts / transits:- Experiences please
Old Dec 15, 2003, 7:51 pm
FWAAA
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Nanook:
I just did my first ever MR this past weekend. LAX-DFW-BOS and back by the same routing. The one thing I learned is that when choosing a hotel, really check out its location before booking. I booked the Sheraton Newton, which seemed close enough to Logan airport, but the taxi fare, including tolls and tip, came to $40. I know, I know...I didn't do my homework.

Took Back Bay Shuttle from Newton to Logan next morning for $12.00.

The other important thing I learned, since I'm doing another run in a few weeks on the exact same routing is get to Boston 2-2-1/2 hours early due to the extreme congestion at security. I thought it might have been holiday travellers, but someone in line with me said it's almost that bad all the time.
</font>
Although I have done lots of mileage runs where a hotel is required, next time look at LAX-DFW(Sat eve redeye)-BOS(Sun morning) and back on Sunday. Viola - no hotel needed, as your Saturday night stay occurred on the plane.

You don't even have to leave the sterile area. Just check in at the BOS AC and print your BP there for your return segments.

Trust me - this works. I've done this to lots of cities, including LHR, CDG, MAD, NRT, etc., as well as ALB, SDF, PVD, BOS, JFK, etc.

Good luck and have fun.