FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mileage Runs turnarounds / turnabouts / transits:- Experiences please
Old Nov 10, 2003, 9:39 pm
born sleepy

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
bar none, the worst experiences I've ever had have been at YWG (Winnipeg). my company has a mfg. plant in Wpg. I go there 4-5 times a year to fix production problems and/or install new systems. I tell em that at the airport and it's total pandemonium. why is this such a difficult concept? I'm an American, working for an American company who happen to have a plant in Canada, paid in US dollars through the home office in the States, who lives in one of those states. I am not here to take anyone's job, nor do I plan on staying in Winnipeg (it's cold enough here, thanks). I can only tell em the truth, but it seems like I have to tell this story five different ways before I can get through. I *hate* Canadian immigration. No matter that I've been there at least a dozen times now and have plenty of Immigration Canada stamps in my passport; it's the same ordeal every goddam time.