FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mileage Runs turnarounds / turnabouts / transits:- Experiences please
Old Jun 26, 2003, 8:30 am
goodo

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by c1ue:
Don't ever carry Tic Tac type mints in any luggage - especially going to/from Thailand. I once had a pack of white Tic Tacs in a checked luggage coming back from Thailand. The only time Japanese customs ever checks anyone is for Thailand returnees - and the **** Tic Tac box had broken open and spread everywhere in the suitcase. Needless to say a bunch of small white pill-like objects in my luggage then engendered a 4 hour wait in the airport while one (or more) of said objects were tested for drugs.

Everyone was very polite, but I personally will only carry the dissolving film breath fresheners from now on. At least until I get hassled by someone thinking they are speed tabs...
</font>
I had the same problem with Tic Tacs. I spent a year overseas and before I left my dad put a few packets of Tic Tacs in my suitcase. I had no idea they were there, until I arrived back in MEL and they X-rayed my bags at customs, and then opened it up to find my little white pills.

goodo