FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mileage Runs turnarounds / turnabouts / transits:- Experiences please
Old Jun 24, 2003, 7:09 pm
nichelle

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec
I'm fairly new to mileage runs but I decided to take the big plunge recently. I took advantage of the $320 continental fare to Hawaii [thanks to FT !]. It was SFO-EWR-IAH-HNL-IAH-ANC-DTW-SFO. I enjoyed 3 wonderful days in Honolulu last month and gained a lot of miles. I had no issues at any airport. My only issue was being a tired rookie mileage runner.

Last week I received a message from a member of the Anchorage DEA requesting a return call. It took us a week to connect with each other but when we did, the questions were regarding the mileage run. She mentioned that she'd received a report from the airline of strange flight activity. There was someone else with a similar itinerary and she wanted to know if or how I knew this individual. I explained that it was a mileage run and that I was traveling alone. She was very understanding and stated that she'd already run a background check and figured it was probably that. She'd talked to the other person in question and he also told her that his was a mileage run. We even joked about it and she wished me "Happy Flying" when saying goodbye.

My friends already thought I was crazy for flying everywhere in just a few days. I figured I would relay my story here where a few others might understand.