FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mileage Runs turnarounds / turnabouts / transits:- Experiences please
Old May 20, 2003, 9:18 pm
Badabing59

Programs: UA 1K
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by umguy:
I agree that YVR is the worst. When I was working for an airline I flew into YVR, and didn't have a return ticket. Which is no big deal because I could just get passes from the ticket counter. Well that wasn't good enough for this guy. I showed him my work id, my passport, and he still asked me 1000's of questions. Then he asked me why I had passed through Canadian immigration 3 times in the previous week. He just couldn't catch on that I was an airline employee and I was flying for work those other times. </font>
Totally agree with you on this one umguy. I fly into Canada about7 times a year for business primarily, and usually to YVR. my last entrance was the worst, with me being sent to wait in line with about 30 other people to have everything checked.
Luckily they singled me out because I spoke English, and then went through the 30 questions routine. total delay-approximately 1 hour.
This officer was quite nice, but the first officer at immigration was nothing short of rude and arrogant.
I, like you all, travel frequently and all over the world, and Canada is the only country that has treated me this way.
I have been searched once in the USA (bags only) and it was not an unpleasent experience-very polite and apologised for the delay.
Lets hope someone from Canadian Immigration reads these threads