FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mileage Runs turnarounds / turnabouts / transits:- Experiences please
Old Apr 27, 2003, 7:13 pm
CMK10
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
LGA-DCA-DFW-STL-LGW-RDU-LGA on AA, the short of it.
Washington Reagan-National:
The best airport I went to on the trip, lots of natural light, beyond security had a wide array of food services including California Pizza Kitchen and McDonalds, very nice clean bathrooms and the comfy airport chairs.
Dallas Ft. Worth:
The airport was under construction and not built very well, windows were few and hallways narrow, concessions we're limited to mainly fast food chains, still it wasn't too bad.
St. Louis Lambert:
Everything here seemed to be black or steal, concsessions were also limited and it was very bleak, also it was like stepping into 1980's technology, half the departure montiors didnt work and the gates had manual displays instead of TVs at every other AA hub or major airport.
London Gatwick:
Dreary with poor singage, they don't let you down to the gates until right before boarding and you are stuck in a waiting area filled with about forty duty free shops offering the same things, food was cheap wiht a good selection though.
Raleigh-Durham:
Terrible airport, had no major chains, I had to transfer terminals to change my currency back, I had a 7 hour wait here due to delays and it was the first time in my life I would have rather been home then at an airport.

------------------
DC-10's Forever!