FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying as disabled person - you have my sympathy
Old Apr 15, 2015, 7:20 am
DeafFlyer

Programs: United MP
Originally Posted by psychocandy
As partner to someone who recently, due to health issues, is disabled, I really understand how tough it must be for people. I can't imagine being like this your entire life.

With two kids, inc a young one, its very tough to fly. Not helped at all by incompetent staff and selfish/rude other passenger.

It seems even when you request special assistance at the airport it rarely turns up or you have to wait for ages.

Other passengers are worse, if they see you in a cart/wheelchair you get glared at.

If you're standing in line with crutches no-one will let you go ahead - all they care about is themselves. I've seen it all - wife has been standing in line for 30 mins and cant stand any more and I've tried to get to the front to get assistance and got into arguments with other passengers who tell me they dont care they were in line first.

Wife has been pushed and shoved out of the way when getting off plane with her crutches people in a mad panic and rush to the baggage pickup.

As with my other post, I'm also afraid to say that us Brits really are the worse for this too.
Just write a complaint letter to the airline. They will investigate and then tell you that they did what they were required to do. They got you t o your destination. That's all that matters to them.