FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My First First
Thread: My First First
View Single Post
Old Apr 15, 2015, 5:02 am
kimmielou01

Programs: Delta, GM; HHonors, Gold
My First First

So last week I experienced my first first - LHR to JFK on a 747. Seat 2K. We had a very long layover in LHR from BCN so I was also lucky enough to be able to have the full CCR experience, including Elemis Spa treatment, several glasses of LPGS, private cabana, terrace, and lunch in the restaurant (since this was most likely going to be my ONLY first, I wanted to try EVERYTHING!)

I must be fortunate as my experience, from start to finish, was stellar. Every BA staff person we encountered was involved, exceedingly polite, warm, smiling, and attentive. I SIMPLY COULD NOT HAVE ASKED FOR MORE. I was frankly surprised, after reading the BA forum for the past year, that everything was so perfect. I was expecting at least one or two inattentive or even surly staff persons. I had the duck salad and sea bass for lunch (excellent, perfectly cooked, I HATE overdone fish). For dinner onboard the plane, I had the bangers and mash (although I'm American I adore traditional English food) and they were delicious. I was asked regularly what else I might enjoy. The plane seemed super-clean and everything operated properly. Our luggage was delayed (the ONLY hiccup), but was delivered to our hotel in New York within 24 hours.

Alas, although I have a healthy mileage balance, due to the significant taxes, this may be my only first, but I've got the jammies to remember it by.

Thanks to everyone on the BA board for putting up with my overeager, frequent questions. Your responses certainly helped us plan for and therefore thoroughly enjoy our experience!