FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 30+ people offloaded from LAX-LHR flight
View Single Post
Old Apr 15, 2015, 4:10 am
Nyghtwing

Originally Posted by Enigma368
I'm not sure AA allowed us to get on the bus officially. I think the staff at the bus gate were in a state of mild panic when 10-20 pax showed up saying they had been told they could take this bus and pleading to be let on. There were several Qantas and AA staff at this bus gate and they seemed to completely disagree about what to do. In the confusion, some of us were able to get onboard before the rest were stopped (I think one agent said we could board before someone more senior countermanded this instruction 30 seconds later).

Ultimately though if Qantas pax can transfer without rescreening, it does not seem to be a serious security breach if BA pax are allowed to do so also. Maybe in a technical sense it is a breach but are BA pax really any more of a security threat than Qantas pax?
QANTAS may have 'some' differing security protocols to BA (I do not know), as is with the case with most airlines. I agree with you and I don't think anyone is saying that BA passengers are anymore a 'threat' than QF passengers, but that isn't what is in question here. BA have a security protocol in place at LAX, and that was clearly violated by the AA or QF staff that allowed some of the passengers to board the airside transfer bus (before they were countermanded by a more senior member of staff who stopped the others from boarding). That said, I'm all for happy endings and I'm glad that you and the others who made it through were able to join the flight. ^