FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bangkok Tailors
Thread: Bangkok Tailors
View Single Post
Old Apr 14, 2015, 11:42 pm
DirtyDan

Programs: I travel for fun these days.
Originally Posted by adubin
I'm looking to have a few suits (blazer with a skirt and trousers) and dresses made (probably shirts as well). Is Pinky's the best place for women's clothing? Is there another tailor that does women's clothing well. Most of the reputable tailors I found in reviews only make men's clothing.
A good friend at the US Embassy vouches for Pinky's stating both her and her colleagues like them. Sister-in-law just had some silk shirts copied at Louis, but I cannot attest to their ability to make made-to-measure

I have personally used Tanika (near Sukhumvit 14) for men's clothing (business & casual shirts, business slacks) and now after two months have to admit that 5 of 8 shirts have had to have buttons re-sewn - I guess my washer is hard on hand-sewn buttons! To be fair, they've never had issues re-sewing the buttons and the fit of my pants is outstanding. I do however, gladly plan on purchasing more trousers and eventually some casual suits form them as well.

There is a tailor on the North-East corner of 3 and Suhkumvit that does women's clothing, You can PM for name* as I would not advise their use at all - Wife had a dress made there, took several months and depending on the person doing the stitching could actually be worse between fittings, Brother's ties fell apart in less than 6 months (she has a great selection of "silk"), and we have a friend that's going on 1 year without her dress being finished!

*Under Thai law, a person can be charged with libel (slander) and held responsible for perceived losses to a business from said negative review - truth is not a defense.

Last edited by DirtyDan; Jun 12, 2015 at 12:12 am