FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Air Canada 787-8/-9 Dreamliner Discussion Thread
Old Apr 14, 2015, 5:08 pm
yyznomad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
That's the thing though. If I'd realized the drinks had already been served, I would have flagged down a FA and asked for one. But I hadn't seen them come around, and couldn't see glasses on other peoples' tables (whereas on the classic pods, they often end up on the ledge that's visible from the aisle).

I've never pressed the FA call button. Am I just weird like that? I either wait until they come around, or I go up to the galley. On a flight, a legitimate reason to get up and walk around for a bit is something I enjoy
Just use the call button like honking your car horn... Sparingly and as really needed under your specific context.

If you want to take a Tylenol for your headache and need a little water during some mild turbulence, that would be a good time to hit the button, for example.

One time I hit the call button because the guy across from me suddenly had a violently bleeding nose and was unable to hit the button himself.