FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alton Brown asks UA why he paid $50 to sit on UA Club floor
Old Apr 13, 2015, 12:37 pm
VickyKing
Suspended

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
What happens once every two months is completely irrelevant. If the lounge is full and the other lounge is being renovated, how difficult is it for UA to say, sorry we can't sell a day pass at the moment as the lounge is full? This is short term thinking at its best--valuing the $50 revenue over the overcrowded lounge. This is basic customer service which is a major FAIL--negatively impacting the experience of everybody else in the lounge. Taking a person's money and knowing he/she will have a terrible experience and potentially report it to millions of other people is not good for UA or anybody else in the lounge. This a big part of the reason UA consistently comes in last place among major US carriers in every customer service ranking survey. Ignoring problems does not make them go away.
Knowing these "celebrities", if they don't sell him the pass he'll go on twitter and complain about how UA "discriminates" him by refusing to sell him a pass ... and his twitter followers will believe that too.

And for those quick to condemn UA, does DL/AA have a stated policy with consistent enforcement that they will block all access if their lounge is at capacity ? If not, then why single out UA when all 3 airlines are just as bad ?

Originally Posted by Kacee
Really? It's a fairly regular occurrence at ORD when there's weather. I've seen it at DEN too. And wouldn't be surprised at LAX T7 since they closed the T6 club. That was already one of the most over-crowded clubs in the system.
Well I only fly 60 segments a year, so maybe I don't have enough data to be representative.

Last edited by goalie; Apr 13, 2015 at 1:48 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member -- please use multi-quote/removed off topic comment