FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four Points by Sheraton Montevideo (Closed) [Master Thread]
Old Apr 12, 2015, 10:18 pm
TravelinSperry

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by bkkth
I have to disagree with TravelinSpery. I have stayed at the hotel twice within the past month. The rooms aren't luxurious but are fine, as is the breakfast. They staff remembers me and even sent a plate of cheese to my room on the last visit. From the tone of the person who asked for an update I would guess he/she is looking after the value of the dollar per the question re taxi fares. Sure the Radisson Victoria is a much nicer property, but at a much higher price.
You don't state much about this property. You say the rooms are "fine" and I agree with you. They are not great, excellent or luxurious. They are solely "fine"... i.e., acceptable. The breakfast is barely passable. Barely. The gym is tiny and they don't even have a bench where you can use the few weights they have. Also during my stay there were no towels in the gym (never replenished). The pool is tiny - it has seats for 5-6 people. If more than that are there - I guess you're supposed to stand. Internet access is terribly slow. Don't plan on doing any work at this property. They know about their slow internet as they offered me a special in-room router to fix the problem. It barely helped.

As for your cheese plate - I did not receive any in-room welcome amenity and I'm Plat100. The person who asked about this property has no status so either way they will get nothing. I find this hotel to be simply an inexpensive hotel outside the city center.