FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pre-Bachelor Party Adventure: AA/JL/SQ First, JL J, VA Y, Park Hyatt Seoul
Old Apr 11, 2015, 1:41 pm
MarylandFlyer244

Programs: AA Platinum, DL Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Pre-Bachelor Party Adventure: AA/JL/SQ First, JL J, VA Y, Park Hyatt Seoul

This is my first attempt at a Trip Report on FT, so please bear with me. I've been a reader on the site for years, but rarely comment. I hope I've learned a thing or two from the TR experts on here, but I guess we'll see!

My brother and I have a travel site (pointsmd.com) that we started a few months ago and just took our first trip together last month since starting the blog.
My oldest brother Kevin is getting married next month and the bachelor party was in Las Vegas over the NCAA tournament opening weekend (hell yeah!). Since he and I are avid travel enthusiasts, we decided to take a little pre-bachelor party trip and head to....Asia? Both having jobs that we couldn't take a ton of days off from (he's a Doctor, I'm a Marine) we decided to galavant around the world for 5 days and roll right into the party where we'd meet about a dozen of our friends. While he started from SPI, I started our report out from my hometown in N.C. We met each other in DFW and continued the trip together from there!

My trip looked like this (with my brother's just a small bit different):

Originally, the reason we were going to Seoul was to fly the KE A380 FC flight back to the US (to LAX, specifically). We got the seats on the flight held and started planning everything. Then, as we all know, KE stopped showing up as a transfer partner of Chase for some time. While we thought it would come back, at some point we couldn't take the risk anymore, and instead decided to fly SQ home. I'm not upset at all by the decision.

Our trip report looks like this:
As we go along, I'll be adding the hyperlinks to our blog. The posts on here are a little bit behind, so feel free to head over to the site to cheat and read ahead.

We appreciate any feedback y'all have for not only the TR but the site as well.

Thanks in advance for following along!

Last edited by MarylandFlyer244; Jul 30, 2015 at 3:51 pm Reason: Adding more information