FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]
Old Apr 11, 2015, 12:36 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AwardBee
I just got 3 cards after 3 pendings this week myself (posted about it too!)

Recon rep didn't care why I wanted 3. It would have been awkward if he had asked because I wouldn't have had a good answer, and separating expenses wouldn't have been one of them.

I suppose what you're saying is, if you apply for too many and they all go to pending, and you get a recon rep who's suspicious, they may approve just 1, whereas if you only apply for 2 it's a little easier to work with. I don't know. It actually seems that it's almost better to go to pending, that way you can ensure that you only get the Sig card, and get the minimum 5K limit on each.
Sorry about missing your post on successful recon on 3 apps.

Correct. It is a bit of playing roulette on more than 2 apps. 15K total CL needed, and an accommodating rep or a rep who couldn't care less. 2 factors must be in place for getting 3 cards on one go. We will see more data points if more folks try 3 or more apps at the same time.

Read Post 1565, that is when you get an unfriendly rep. HUCA got the guy his 2nd card but would be a tough act for 3 apps.

The Call versus Wait has been discussed doz of times and the consensus is, ALWAYS CALL no matter what, to ensure you are getting Signature.

Last edited by Happy; Apr 12, 2015 at 11:37 am