FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which Intercontinental in Tokyo?
View Single Post
Old Apr 10, 2015, 11:37 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 355F1
I saw the fees associated with it. I have no problem paying those.

If I can figure out how to take the RER to the Metro from CDG and get into Paris I am sure I can figure out how to get around Japan.

haha....hopefully....

Yikes....I get into NRT at 3:20pm on a Friday....and my flight leaves Monday at 5pm. Traffic.....????

I will definitely look at all that! Thank you! ^^^

One very basic question is: Are there any signs in English at the train stations?
Bad traffic.

Yes, there are English signs in most the train stations in Tokyo, except that they do not necessary pronounced as what you think... (the accent part is different). Get a metro / train map that has both English and Japanese names on the lines and stations should help. Keep in mind there are more than one company running the Metro system in Tokyo. Can be confusing especially when trying to figure out what pass to buy.

Also try to avoid change lines in major interchanges. Ginza comes to mind. I feel the long walk is at least 1/2 mile to change line and the passage can be really crowded.

About the ANA location - there are 2 metro stations nearby. The one that seems to be closer to the hotel would make you do a looooong walk underground to get to the platform. If I remember it correctly, there is a station that is at the street corner after you pass the adjacent office buildings at the opposite direction from the escalator entrance of the hotel. It has a much shorter walk underground to the platform. It is a different station, and may even be on a different line. This station is not obvious to find, kind of "hidden" at the street corner. May be Spock Seat would know what I talk about as he seems very familiar with Tokyo.

Last edited by Happy; Apr 10, 2015 at 11:43 pm