FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Steals and splurges: Share the best of your high and low-end travel beauty secrets
Old Apr 10, 2015, 11:39 am
chgoeditor
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
I can't say my travel beauty routine varies much between home and being on the road. In fact, I own the same hair dryer and flat iron in both 110 volt and 220 volt models precisely so I don't have to vary my routine. (FWIW, this hair dryer is the best I've owned. Powerful and lightweight!)

Kirkland brand pre-moistened face wipes (come in packages of 15 or 45, I think) are fantastic makeup remover/cleansers, great for home and travel. They're the generic version of Neutrogenia's, I think, and well worth it. I've used them for several years. This is a steal!

My go-to facial moisturizers -- all splurges to varying degrees
Clarins Beauty Flash Balm - Mornings
Strivectin-AR Advanced Retinol Night Cream - Bedtime (another great one to buy at Costco because you get nearly twice the product for the same price you'd pay at Ulta)
Guerlain Issima Midnight Secret - Great "recovery" product if you've had a long flight or a late night out

Hand cream:
H2O+ Hand and Nail Cream - best moisturizer, hands down!

Lip balm:
I used a zillion steal and splurge brands, but Chapstick or Burt's Bee are good standbys that are definitely steals.