FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (PREM FARE GONE) DXB-AUS o/w various alliances $1200-1500 First & Business combo
Old Apr 10, 2015, 12:36 am
hiima

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by kirker
Me too, but I think I was a couple of hours ahead of you. I receive an email "ping" about the fare error around 10:30pm CST, and since I will likely soon be living in AUS, I went straight to work. I could *not* find a freakin' thing on *any* combination including of a leg on EK or EY; much as I have been DYING to try out both of their F products.

Around 11:15pm my time, I noticed that the windows were closing. Tickets were no longer bookable on Expedia, even on flights with no EK/EY component, so I fled to PL, where I successfully booked a one-way trip next month (!!) on a DXB-LHR-ORD-AUS route, with the first two legs on BA and in F. (I *do* hope I get their upgraded F on both legs; I'll have to check the BA boards to see if they've upgraded the metal used on those particular flights.) Total cost was $1,440, and I have separate confirmation numbers for BA and AA.

My first successful price-mistake ticket! Yay me! Now there's just the *wee* problem of figuring out how to get to Dubai...
Swim