FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel recommendation for BKK
View Single Post
Old Apr 9, 2015, 7:39 pm
Diplomatico

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by burdender
Thanks for all the replies. I will probably end up booking it as a reward stay at this point and get the benefit of the bonus night before it disappears. Seems there isn't too much of an opinion one way or another on most of the properties. Leaning towards checking out the newest of the properties which would be the Blu I guess.
Blu is definitely the nicest of the properties, not surprising since it's also the newest. Very convenient location with plenty of eating options within a short walk.

PP soi 18 is a convenient location on a quiet soi but I find some of the rooms can be a bit tired and a little cramped. Great street food nearby, though, and laundry by the kilo options close by too.

Radisson Suites soi 13 is a bit of a walk to Sukhumvit but they have a tuk tuk that will take you to the BTS Nana station. Rooms there can be a bit nicer than PP soi 18, IMO.

Have never stayed at PP Sukhumvit.

If I were on award stay, it would be at Blu. If you are Gold be sure to ask for the room upgrade in the comments section of the reservation request.