FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Obsession with alcohol on board
View Single Post
Old Apr 9, 2015, 10:29 am
RustyC
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Originally Posted by pinniped
Yes, because the airline industry has such a good track record of taking away amenities and immediately reducing airfares by that amount.
+1. Why, look at how they're passing on savings from lower fuel costs these days.

And what about flights where they charge for drinks in back, like ones to HNL? Those can be every bit as miserable if not more so than international ones, so maybe someone takes the "strip club" approach and tanks up in the parking lot because the drinks inside are too pricey (also done a lot before going to discos in places like Singapore)

I remember a series of flights I did back in 1996 on DL when I had just put together all the pieces for self-driven bookings (on easySABRE). On one trip it was ATL-CVG-MSP-SLC-LAS (3 day stop) -LAX-CVG-ATL and upgrades on every segment, then onward to tables with even more free drinks. A real potential liver-pickler if there ever was one.