FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Update your Starwood SPG profile and earn 500 points
Old Apr 9, 2015, 9:27 am
Finkface

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Should we worry about having too many goodwill gesture or customer service points entries on our accounts? Sometimes hotels seem to take this step too when it's easier, for example failing to properly combine two back to back reservations at check in and then being unable to credit make a green choice points.
At first glance, I read this wrong. I thought you were saying don't complain about getting customer service points and I was whining about nothing. Now I read it again and I think you are saying that we should possibly be concerned that too many of these CS gestures showing up in our accounts might be a bad thing because they then may not take legitimate complaints seriously as we appear to be serial complainers? I agree with that. This shouldn't have been a goodwill gesture on their part. These were legitimately earned points but it now shows up as them doing me a 'favor' because I whined about something. Is that what you meant?