FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: AA Awards on Cathay Pacific (2015)
Old Apr 9, 2015, 6:16 am
Ross0

Originally Posted by 25milesfromhome
And also the other way, BA, JL, etc. shows no availability but AA is able to grab seats. I don't know how common this is, but it's happened to me several times. I've called to take one F and one J and agent tells me two F are available.
I think we hear about this less/less aware of this given the fact that the only way to determine this is to call and its much easier for someone to do the quick check online then it is to call and have an agent search.

I first flew CX F long-haul 2 weeks ago and the booking process was an interesting experience. This thread was helpful. Ultimately, by obsessively checking inventory online (so excessive in fact that it led to EF customer service reaching out to me to ask me what I was doing!) I was able to learn a bit about CX's "pattern" for releasing award inventory and was able to convert 2 J award tickets (booked 330 days out) to 2 F tickets. It took lots of persistence , but was well worth it.

Now if only I can convert some QF J award seats I have to F...