FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Baha Mar - REVIEW MASTER THREAD
Old Apr 7, 2015, 5:10 pm
ATL_Terp05

Any Update on Hotel Opening?

Does anyone have an update on the opening of this hotel? I know the website says it's scheduled to open May 1, however I understand the entire complex was recently delayed from end of March to May.

The reason I ask is that I have a reservation for the end of May booked on points (pre-category change), so I can't change the reservation without changing the category it books into. Also, I tried checking availability in May and everyday is not available - nothing until June 1.

Is the hotel blocking new reservations as it's unsure of it's posted May 1 opening date? I called Hyatt Passport and they first claimed it was all sold out for the month of May - that seems unlikely. When I pressed the person he just told me they would notify me if anything changes - not very helpful if you're deciding what to do about air reservations.

If anyone has any additional details that might help me in deciding if I should cancel or book my flights.