FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - B747 'Version 2' Y Seating Query
View Single Post
Old Apr 7, 2015, 4:57 pm
bradders81

Programs: BAEC - Gold, VS - Silver, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum Elite, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by V10
You might want to check out the seat maps on thebasource.com as they're generally considered to be more reliable than those on seatguru.

There are only 4 rows in that small front cabin - my preference was to be seated in that if at all possible as it's less of a zoo than the main economy cabin. However row 36 is the last of the rows nearest the loos which isn't ideal either.

Unfortunately I think there's no getting away from the under seat IFE boxes if your preference is for aisle seats - those boxes are large and will reduce the foot space by 5 or 6 inches. Technically, it's a system that belongs in the Natural History Museum with Dippy.

As ever, my best advice regarding the Y cabin on the 747s is to try and get yourself out of it altogether, if a POUG or AUP is available.
Thanks V10!

I'll check out the link.

The issue I have with the POUG or AUP is that my travel agent seems to do something strange with the booking. Whenever it appears I get blocked from doing it, I assume it's the class of ticket. The company policy is Y only and it's such a pain, especially on SFO or SYD!!