FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Novotel Hong Kong Citygate
View Single Post
Old Apr 7, 2015, 10:17 am
AEmgee

I just checked out of the Novotel Citygate Hong Kong. I am Platinum. I asked for late check-out under the notes when booking, making note that I am Platinum. A few days before my stay I got a form email offering me very late check-out (8:00pm) for a fee, or up to 2:00pm without charge. I replied asking for 4:00pm due to Platinum status and this was okayed, subject to availability.

At check-in, my status was completely ignored until I pointed it out verbally (I did show my card initially, which did not garner any response). I was offered an upgrade to the Executive Floor. I pointed out that the website showed availability for a Junior Suite on the Executive Floor and was told that this was the room type I was assigned. Upon arrival at the room it was obvious that I definitely did not get a suite, but as I was staying only for one night I didn't bother to complain. I had to ask for my drink vouchers (used it for a Coke at the bar, which is better than the Novotel Hong Kong Nathan Road where you can only get a small glass of juice). I had to ask for my breakfast vouchers. The Premier Lounge does not serve breakfast so it is served buffet style at the hotel Restaurant, Essence. The spread is not huge but the food it fresh and tasty.

As for the Premier Lounge itself, I arrived too late to catch the evening cocktails, which ends at 8:30pm. All that was left at 9:30pm were a few cookies, some whole fruit, and a coffee machine (no other drinks). The next morning at breakfast there was nothing, because breakfast is served in the restaurant. Afternoon tea is available at 2:00pm. This consists of a variety of sweets, some pre-packaged full-sized sandwiches, and beverages.

Check-out was a mess, without an orderly queue at the front desk. The lady in front of me was irate, and complained vehemently to the front desk manager.

Hope that helps someone.