FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booked on United codeshare ANA, can't pick seats
Old Apr 7, 2015, 7:19 am
chavala

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by latteqpon
I just booked the great deal from New York (EWR) to Ho Chi Minh (SGN) (with a plane change in Hong Kong) on United.com. The return leg of the trip is SGN - NRT - JFK Operated by Air Japan / ANA All Nippon.

I have two passengers on the itinerary. One passenger was all 4 seats assigned the other passenger has the united seats confirmed but both ANA flights are blank.

The ANA website does not let me log in with the (ANA) Confirmation. I get this error "*We cannot display the selected reservation. Please contact your travel agency, or contact ANA International Flight Reservation and Information Center.(Error Code: W_H26)"

I'm guessing that this was because this flight was booked via united or that the departure date is far away (departs October 2015).

I'm curious as to why one passenger has assigned seats (all window) and passenger two is missing the ANA seat assignments. I called ANA but after 15 - 30 min holds each time i've called i've given up for now to ask you all and deal with the issue closer to time of departure.

Anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks!
I don't know why UA displays seats this way (for only 1 pax), but I've seen it happen with TG as well. Even when you call the airline directly and change the seat, it usually doesn't change on the UA reservation -- which means its completely useless.
No -- you won't be able to pull up your rez on the NH website until its time to check-in.
Try calling ANA again at a different time of day? -- I've never been on hold that long.