FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stansted Gate Train to Nowhere
View Single Post
Old Apr 6, 2015, 10:32 am
nmstough

Originally Posted by UA1K_no_more
Considering that you failed to understand the signs telling you to wait in the main terminal until your gate had been announced, what makes you think that you would have seen and understood a "this is a one-way train" sign?

It's not a "gate train to nowhere". It's a "gate train for people who know that they're departing from that departure point". You chose to take that train, and then you blame others for your failure to pay attention to simple instructions.
I saw that sign. I chose to ignore it, not wanting to behave like the rest of the "sheep" milling about staring at a stupid monitor and coughing germs on each other. But that sign obviously didn't threaten to cause me to miss my flight. The absence of the warning sign about taking the train did threaten this and I wouldn't have taken the train if there had been such.

I dont blame anyone for this. Its just enormously rude to treat travelers that way. Ive been through so many airports on my travels and never experienced that kind of shameful attitude towards passengers before. I dont know if there are airport grades but this one definitely deserves an F.