FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Going to Taiwan and China with an Arrest Record
Old Apr 6, 2015, 12:31 am
Derekj0787

Going to Taiwan and China with an Arrest Record

HI guys,

so I recently was surprised with a trip to taiwan and china from my family, the only thing is i have a arrest record.

1. traffic for allowing someone to drive my car without liscense, i was never arrested just had to appear in court and was given a fine that i paid off.

2. I was arrested in 2013 for felony drug charge that was later dropped to a misdemeanor for cannabis, i was ordered to do drug court which i completed and my case was dismissed. The arrest still shows on my record because my expunge application is still being processed since it takes 3-6 months for it to go through.

Will i have trouble going through immigration/customs when i get to taiwan? i'm a little nervous about getting denied once i arrive. I was approved for my chinese visa for my trip to shanghai so i'm not too worried about that trip. If someone has experience with traveling to taiwan or any other asian country with a record have any feedback i would appreciate it ! thanks !