FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air France, Paris to Vancouver
View Single Post
Old Apr 5, 2015, 3:43 pm
Eugeniusz Bodo

Programs: AC 50K, NZ Gold
Originally Posted by Homeland53
Thanks for that !!

Both my wife and I are well travelled and I am an avid 'Airline Watcher'. In all our travels, this is only the second time we have used Air France. Maybe the experiences on our favourite airline, Etihad, lulled us into thinking all full service airlines did the little things well, like getting us to our connecting fight. Obviously this is not the case. Not checking the manifest for tight connecting time passengers is pure negligence in my opinion. Not saying every one will make their flight, but if the crew at least show some interest in getting you there,it sticks in the memory bank.

Its probably just as well I was not on this particular trip, as I have a short fuse when it comes to dealing with airline jobsworths.
I hear you! I have a short fuse too when it comes to these things. France (Paris) is a great destination...well, probably except accordion music but even at its best CDG can be admired by architecture aficionados rather than transferring passengers. I have been avoiding AF/CDG since they have lost my luggage 10 years ago. Feb 17th. this year I tried them again and it took me over 2 hours to change the terminals. Never again! It was my own stupidity though, I was curious to try new business class configuration on Air Canada 777. Also a fail!