FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Beijing, China
View Single Post
Old Apr 5, 2015, 10:06 am
Boraxo
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I will post my review here because there does not seem to be a separate master thread for the JW Marriott Hotel Beijing @ 83 Jian Guo Road, next to Ritz (and not to be confused with JW Central or Marriott City Wall).

This was an excellent standard room, much nicer and larger than JW Bangkok or Marriott Tang Plaza Singapore. Appears very updated, and the views are pretty good (though generally too far to see the historic stuff). The service levels were fabulous, each request was met promptly no matter the hour. No-fee ATM in basement (and tons in the nearby mall). Did not have access to 22nd Fl EL so can't comment on that. Wifi was fast.

On the minus side, buffet breakfast in the lobby restaurant was a bit pricey for what you get (not as good as others I've seen). Also did not appreciate being addressed by the ugly hooker near the elevator @9am.

However there are a ton of restaurants of all price ranges in the mall and office building basement across the street. You'll find everything from Starbucks and Subway to Da Dong (excellent roast duck). The location is also next to a metro station that is only a couple of stops from Tianamen Sq and other historic sites. Airport transit is provided in BMW, Mercedes, and Audi sedans, and they have a rep with a sign meet you at the gate (and to security on the outbound side).

One weird note - returned to my room @11am to find myself locked out, even though the key flashed green. Returned with the desk clerk and did not have a problem getting in. I got the impression maybe somebody had locked from the inside (state security??) but maybe I'm just paranoid.

Overall an excellent property, I would gladly stay here again.