FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking the cheap seats: A process of repeated punishment
Old Jan 11, 2003, 4:04 pm
Plato90s
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by free101girl:
Well don't I feel stupid!

I noticed on the AA reward redemption chart that mileage upgrades are available "From Most Economy/
Business Class Fares" and assumed this was similar to Delta's "from selected fares." In the case of DL, as you may know, almost all of the cheap fares (L,U,T class) are excluded for mileage upgrades.

Wow, if any fare can be upgraded on AA, that is a significant difference between the two airlines. I'm going to switch to AA from now on, whenever possible. Between that and MRTC for those times when I don't upgrade, AA is sounding better and better.

Thanks for letting me know about this!
</font>
You're welcome. It got more confusing when AA decided to "clarify" the award charts.

Although I really do like the BA system of posting ticket prices for a few days in front and after the requested date. It's just unfortunate that their web site don't always pull out the best fares.