FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2015 Combined AA/US Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (Consolidated)
Old Apr 4, 2015, 11:30 pm
GotCalcio4

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Here's an example of a HP meal service with the tray itself covered by the linen: link. Ironic note: the HP plates actually looks exactly like pmAA's plates (only the pmAA plate had the Flagship logo and navy blue trim vs. HP's logo and teal trim). Anyone else notice that?

pmAA did have both the table and tray covered by linens on longer "Basic Plus" midcons and transcons. It wasn't always consistent, but it was supposed to be the procedure, pre-9/1.

We still need confirmation of the linens not covering the tray being the new procedure indeed, or if this is just sporadic errors/glitches.
I'm almost positive that picture is from pre-9/11 (don't trust the dates on that site as they're never accurate for older pictures). And yes, I always like HP's serving ware.

Don't get me wrong, while I really do agree with you regarding the tray versus the table, unfortunately I don't think the jury is still out on this one.... I asked a FA and she said they get them in a big pack (like DL and PMUA), and they would go around to each seat and place it on the tray table prior to starting service.

I thought even the original announcement said that the FA is to lay the linen onto the tray table, or something to that effect.