FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2015 Combined AA/US Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (Consolidated)
Old Apr 4, 2015, 4:34 pm
dcfrequentflyer

Programs: AA ExecPlat;UA Gold;DL Gold;Hyatt Diamond;Hilton Diamond;Marriott Gold;Hertz PC;Natl ExecElite
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Wait, what? Are you saying that the returned linens are actually not being laid on the tray itself? That the paper placemat and tray still are visible? That doesn't make sense. That would defeat the purpose of bringing back tray linens.

Couldn't it be some kind of miscatering/error/miscommunication? I mean, 4/1 just rolled by, so it's possible it's not fully straightened out yet. There still are some reports of tray linens missing on flights post-4/1.
That's what I am saying--they put a blue linen on the tray table and set the plastic tray with liner on top of that linen.

While I'd like to have linen on the tray itself, this practice isn't that unusual--Delta puts down a placemat on the table and then a tray (albeit a more stylish one than gray plastic) on top of that. In premium economy, Qantas puts down a white linen on the tray table and a gray tray on top of that.