FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Should there be a 'hired car/driver' forum on FlyerTalk
Old Apr 4, 2015, 3:16 pm
Canarsie
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by scottpenderson
From the results, I don't think there is much of a case to be made for a separate, specific Lyft subforum. 6 threads total, and only 4 that have replies is not a promising figure. It seems that Uber is much more popular, but I don't think that 74 posts is enough for a separate subforum. If a new forum is created for "On-Demand Ride Services/Hired Car Driver", I think it needs to be a general forum for all services.
Originally Posted by CMK10
That's some great research, thank you for doing it and giving us some valuable data ^
Thank you from me as well.

I agree that only one new forum should potentially be created; and at the very worst, if at any time in the future any of the specific service providers becomes popular, we can always propose to vote on whether or not that specific service provider should be split off into its own forum or sub-forum.

I am still uncertain as to exactly what the name of this new forum should be called — otherwise, I am in favor of creating a new forum at this point based on the feedback posted in this discussion.