FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Should there be a 'hired car/driver' forum on FlyerTalk
Old Apr 4, 2015, 3:09 pm
scottpenderson

Originally Posted by mia
About 519 threads mention Uber or Lyft or both, and over 100 of those have one of these terms in the Title.
Originally Posted by tcook052
Yes, but over what period are those 519 mentions?
I hope to add to the stats that mia provided and to answer the more specific question that tcook052 asked.

I searched for threads in all forums with "Lyft" in the title, from the last 365 days. The search returned 6 threads, with a total of 82 replies and 13,573 views. Top 5 threads below (in event of tie, the most recent thread was chosen):

In the last year there were 86 total threads that mention "Lyft" somewhere in the thread.
-----

I searched for threads in all forums with "Uber" in the title, from the last 365 days. The search returned 74 threads, with a total of 1665 replies and 223,669 views. Top 5 replied-to threads below:

In the past year there are 466 total threads that mention "Uber" somewhere in the thread.

From the results, I don't think there is much of a case to be made for a separate, specific Lyft subforum. 6 threads total, and only 4 that have replies is not a promising figure. It seems that Uber is much more popular, but I don't think that 74 posts is enough for a separate subforum. If a new forum is created for "On-Demand Ride Services/Hired Car Driver", I think it needs to be a general forum for all services.

EDIT: I realize that I left off an important piece of information from my tables. The tables below include a column to indicate the last time something was posted.

Last edited by scottpenderson; Apr 4, 2015 at 3:25 pm Reason: Added additional table