FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Apr 3, 2015, 6:54 pm
liftingbrosef

Just got back from my 7 night stay. Booked it 9 months ago with P+C but only as a Plat. I was upgraded from a garden view to Partial Ocean View room which was amazing. Yeah, the rooms are small, but the view cannot be beat. They also left us a bottle of champagne in the room as it was our honeymoon. Very classy. Ka'ana kitchen breakfast is great and the service was excellent. We only did the full buffet one time, and while it's good, you're essentially paying $20 more than the Pantry option for waffles, pancakes, omelet bar, and juice. We did the Pantry on all other days and I would say it was worth it, even at ~$28 per person. Great service, great view, great coffee, great food. For those Diamonds that are complaining, you're still getting a pretty damn good deal with the Pantry. I honestly believe that the hotel was trying to add value/choices in having a lower price breakfast for those who don't need the all-out gluttony of the full option. It wasn't devised as an F-U to Diamonds.

Only negative experience we had (it was an overall positive experience) were some errors on the final bill/guest folio:

Last edited by liftingbrosef; Apr 3, 2015 at 7:01 pm