FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barclays retention offers (all cards)
View Single Post
Old Apr 3, 2015, 2:17 am
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by I Love to Travel
AF posted a few days ago on my US Air card (account with the 10K anniversary bonus). I called yesterday to see if a waiver was possible. Agent transferred me to another dept. After I repeated my request, the second agent said she could waive the fee for this year, so that I can try out the new Red Aviator card. Call took less than 5 minutes.
24 hours later, the $89 credit has already posted to the account.
Originally Posted by Filler03
Just called about my US Airways card (Aviator Red now I guess), annual fee hit two days ago. First CSR couldn't offer me anything, escalated to a manager who was able to waive the annual fee which would hit next billing statement. I also checked to make sure that I was still eligible to get 10,000 bonus miles upon account anniversary and she said yes.
Basically they are willing to waive the fee on US card but the callers need to be persistent as it seems front line reps are instructed to say no and offer is removed from the system. However as long as one is able to get to a manager or the front line rep is willing to send a request, voila, the fee is waived.

Originally Posted by BigDog
Like a few others, I too was charged only $44.50 as an annual fee instead of the $89. Called in to ask for a waiver and pointed out that I have three Citi cards which all earn AA miles and I didn't see the point in a paying another annual fee. CSR immediately thanked me being a customer and issued a credit to offset the fee. For what is worth, the fee was waived last year as well and I only spent about 4K on the card this year.
I pointed out the same thing but the US-based rep wouldn't budge.
You got a good CSR than several of us, though your card is also older than mine. Mine just has the first anniversary. Also my 4K spend was done almost 6 months ago.