FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Trip Report Forum Hall of Fame
View Single Post
Old Apr 2, 2015, 1:39 pm
worldtraveller73

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by matthandy
As for those people suggesting that writers are deliberately splitting up their reports to gain more views, well I disagree. Putting a TR together is an absolutely huge effort and something that can't really be done all at once. Comments keep people motivated.
I have to agree with matthandy.

Most of my reports are written on the road and are usualy upwards of 50 pages in MS Word, single spaced.

Add two hours per flight / lounge entry to do the coding of the images and uploading... I'd never see the daylight if I did it all at once.

I'd also add that more clicks here do not add any value for the author. The report does not add any financial gain to the author unlike other independent blogs which add value based on the number of views due to advertising. The host of the site gets all that in Flyer Talk. Just my personal opinion but other than the personal satisfaction of seeing your report read by many people, having more clicks isn't a bit deal.

Happy to be here and included in the stats. . .

Thanks all.