FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barclays retention offers (all cards)
View Single Post
Old Apr 2, 2015, 10:33 am
YoungBubbie

Originally Posted by Happy
Legacy card still has the 10K anniversary miles at least being told so by mailer. So if possible would like to keep it. Card had an overlapping $750 15K bonus offer last year and saw about $4K spend in 2014. Very little spend 2015. Also reduced CL to 2K in preparation for another card but did not work.

First call got US based rep. Would not be willing to make a request when system did not show an offer. I brought up the heavy spending on A+ but the rep still refused to transfer me to manager or put in a request.

Hang up and called again in 10 min, got Philippines based rep who was willing to go thru system (nothing offered) then put in a request. A couple minutes later the request came back as approved. AF would be credited back though she isn't sure within same statement or next. I have to monitor the account in next 2 weeks to make sure if I need to pay it first as we would be on a long trip soon and would be aboard when the payment due date comes.

For those of you when you get an AF waiver on a billed AF, when did you see the statement credit posted?
For me a few days later.

I called to ask if they were offering any promotions. Their response was no, but they could give me a statement credit of for my annual fee. Took it. I was only charged $44.50 and they credited me $89 on the new card I opened 2 weeks before!