FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Scotch - Best & Worst, recommendations, questions" thread
Old Apr 2, 2015, 9:03 am
BamaVol
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by whackyjacky
I've been to this one: http://www.whiskiesoftheworld.com/wow-expo-sf-schedule Never again. It's a beat down. Free tix or not, the 3 day hangover isn't worth it.
Our local liquor store held a bourbon tasting last year with maybe 50 bottles open and available. They weren't pouring full shots, but it starts to add up. Fortunately, Mrs BamaVol is not a bourbon drinker and was available to drive me home after the event. I paid a price the following morning.

Last year, we attended the brewfest in Des Moines with BamaVol Jr #2 and his girlfriend. I personally tried 20-30 different beers in 3 ounces glasses. In this instance, everyone had too much to drink and we had to fill the empty spaces with crappy Mexican food before we could risk the drive home.

There's a local beerfest that I will avoid for the third year running for this reason. If I want to overindulge, it's safest to do so at home. But regardless of venue, you do pay the piper the next day.