FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)
View Single Post
Old Apr 2, 2015, 8:41 am
rmunson1

Programs: Marriott, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold, SWA, United, British Air, Jet Blue, Alaska
NO wiki

This post could stand to have a wiki. I have had a recent experience with SMGC (sad, but a happy ending). I had a BB load fail (debit denied using SMGC), but the money was gone from the SMGC. Today, 2 months and 5 days later, the money has been restored. Where was it? I still don't know, but I lost nothing other than some of my time.

In the process, I became quite familiar with someone at SMGC customer service and learned a lot in the process. The following are facts as intended by corporate policy:
SMGC knows a great deal about MS, understand it, are not fighting it, they are enabling it.
SMGC @ $500 with $3.95 fee are 'personal' GC and can be used for MS.
SMGC @ $1000 with reduced fees are 'corporate' and cannot be used for MS (YMMV, but they will shut you down (as corporate/convert you to personal) if/when they find out).
SMGC cannot be bought with AGC (YMMV).

She told me there is so much misinformation on this forum that it might be worthwhile to advise readers what is reality. If you have a different reality, it may not be that way for long.

Last edited by rmunson1; Apr 2, 2015 at 2:03 pm