FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott FAQ Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Apr 1, 2015, 6:44 pm
sig05

Originally Posted by juuustin
I didn't want to make a new thread for such a simple question, but I haven't been able to find a definitive answer.

I will be staying in NYC at a Marriott property for the entire month of March (26 nights). I just opened a Rewards account so obviously I have zero nights. My company required me to book the entire 26 nights in one booking, but now I am wondering if I am going to get jipped out of 16 nights at the Silver level bonus.

Considering this is such a large outlay and so many nights, will the Front Desk be able to bump me up to Silver after the first 10 nights of the reservation so that I can accrue more points in the final 16? If so, will this automatically occur or do I need to nudge them along?

My gut instinct is that all of the nights won't post until after the reservation concludes and I pay the bill, but I stand to miss out on about 8,000 bonus points for those 16 "silver" nights

Thanks!!
Can you change hotels throughout your stay? It is unlikely the hotel will recognize your change in membership on your 10th night. Moreover, I don't see them adding bonus points to your account after you meet the min to get to Silver as this is considered one stay. YMMV, but it could be worth a CS call to get some additional points.