FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Update your Starwood SPG profile and earn 500 points
Old Apr 1, 2015, 4:59 pm
Finkface

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by hco
Followed up on my earlier request about missing points through the chat service. The agent saw that my issue was marked for review but still no action.

She continued to say that to avoid further delay the 500 points would be posted "as a good will gesture" from SPG.

In 10 business days we'll know if I succeeded or not.
Same result here. On my last call, I said I was fed up with wasting so much time for a measly 500 points and the rep said she would add them for me as a 'good will gesture'. The points posted a few days later. What kind of 'good will gesture' are they talking about? This is no favor they are granting me. They offered a method to earn points and I fulfilled the requirements. They didn't deliver on their end despite about 12 phone calls and many hours of my time. Why do they consider giving me something I earned a 'good will' gesture?

And the points posted as:
Type: CUSTOMER SVC FALL RIVER (CCS), not even as the bonus I earned legitimately.