FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Executive [Late 2014 - 2015]
View Single Post
Old Apr 1, 2015, 2:46 pm
Ed Janowsky

Programs: 747 Upper Deck QF J LAX-BNE; A380 SQ SuiteC+D SYD-SIN & SIN-HKG; 777 CX F HKG-JFK; Park Hyatt Sydney
Originally Posted by Ed Janowsky
I also received this message and made it to step 5 of the application process. So I called in. They're wanting the dreaded 4506-T form authorizing the release of my transcript of last years return.

It's actually my SO's application where I added my income as a source of repayment, so the income on her transcript is not going to match the amount stated on the app. Plus it will require a second hard inquiry and several weeks for a decision. I don't want them to start asking for my 4506-T as well so that neither of us can get a Citi card because of some perceived issue even though I have honestly stated our actual income.

I'm thinking I'll skip this and retry for her eight days later, but this time I'll include an employer on the app like all the successful times before this most recent app. Unfortunately it was late and I put self-employed/hospitality on the app which I suspect generated the 4506-T. That was really the only difference other than my first try at the Brugge method of lowering three of her credit limits a couple weeks ago in hopes of auto-approval. She does like first class, but doesn't like calling in.

Any thoughts on my situation???
Originally Posted by flyerboi69
I don't think the application for this card asks you for your source of income. I don't see it... Are you sure about that?
Oops! Wow it was late! That was the Chase Hyatt app asking about the source of income. Thanks for catching that @flyerboi69!

So now I'm really curious as to what generated the 4506-T. Perhaps because I lowered three credit limits only two weeks before this app. And if I was already at my maximum overall Citi credit limit, and I didn't leave myself any cards with enough credit on them to move credit around, and if the three credit limits I lowered hadn't yet recycled to my credit available for allocation...

Or maybe I was at my Citi max and they couldn't issue a $5K credit limit to this card. But then again, I doubt I would've made it to step five of the application process if that were the case.

Any thoughts???

Last edited by Ed Janowsky; Apr 1, 2015 at 3:06 pm