FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Japan Do #3 - The FUK Do - April 3-5, 2015
Old Apr 1, 2015, 2:34 pm
SQ421

Programs: QF WP (OWE) / LTG (LT OWS) | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by armagebedar
Damn, penegal, that's a shame. Having been doing a few all-nighters this week I can certainly sympathize... Though I suspect you and SQ421 are the same person given I've never seen you both in the same place
The grinch that is my work life strikes again; 2nd year running.

While last year I couldn't make it due to pressing work deadlines, this time around, its quite the opposite. My last client, after a management upheaval decided to shelve the project I was engaged on and gave me a weeks notice; this happened two weeks ago. As such, everything else took a backseat to lining up a new gig. Which I was able to do rather quickly and started a few days ago, but meant I couldn't, with a straight face, ask for time off either side of Easter.

Just as well, the CX tickets out of CMB are cancellable without too much of a penalty. Last year's MH tickets weren't so generous. My last hope was tonight's QF21 if I could get Qantas to open up a reward seat, however that flight is looking rather solidly booked, so no-go there.

I hope everyone has an enjoyable time. I'm cut up about missing out second year running.

(or maybe this lends more credence to armagebedar's theory that penegal and I are the same person )