FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAN Carry-on Baggage for OneWorld Sapphires?
Old Apr 1, 2015, 10:46 am
aves17

Programs: AA Plat, MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
LAN Carry-on Baggage for OneWorld Sapphires?

I just booked a roundtrip using Avios on LAN from LIM-CUZ and then a one-way from LIM-EZE on the same day we return from CUZ. I am a OneWorld Sapphire (AA Plat) and will be traveling biz class on the LIM-EZE leg (unfortunately only basic economy is offered on the trip to CUZ). I've been reading about some gate bag police issues with LAN and am just curious if anyone has encountered similar issues on any of the flights I will be taking. I have not checked a bag since I was 11 (just turned 29) and spent 3 weeks traveling SE Asia. Needless to say the thought of having to check a bag just never sits right with me.

I did see that my OneWorld Sapphire status should give me an extra 15 kgs (in addition to the 7kgs LAN offers for a total of 23 kgs), but the website (link - http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/extra-baggage-allowance ) doesn't specify whether this is for carry-on baggage or checked baggage. I have two relatively tight connections (2 hours or so to catch the train to Machu Picchu after arriving in CUZ and 2 hours or so to catch my flight to EZE back in LIM), so if I can avoid having any issues with the baggage police, I would definitely like to.

Any advice or insights on this?

Last edited by aves17; Apr 2, 2015 at 12:23 pm